Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DIY shabby chic Bed

Another one of my DIY projects...

I purchased this bed frame on ebay recently for $80


I didn't like the honey stain so I used paint stripper & a sander & got as much off as possible.


Excuse the mess. I am one messy worker


The end result was a bit patchy & they just looked like raw pine so I did my vinegar & steel wool wash to age the timber...


I only let the steelo pad soak in vinegar for 1hr. I took this photo when I first painted the mixture on. It did dry slightly darker than this.

I then painted the bed with my own DIY chalk paint. I used Taubmans flat paint with Dulux colour "Antique White USA" - Bunnings mixed this for me. I then distressed the paint and then waxed it to finish it off. Below is the finished product before I put the bed together...


I will update this post with the finished bed real soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment