Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Forget the Past

As we have already seen in earlier posts, Satan has no legal right to enforce your past and make you feel guilty, condemned, punished or unworthy to receive from God – unless you allow him to!

Meditate and declare the truth in God’s Word, renewing your mind and transforming the way you see yourself and what you believe about your past! 

Is 43:25 (Amp) I, even I, am He Who blots out and cancels your transgressions, for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

Forget basically means to fail to remember due to carelessness.  We are able to forget certain things in life because they are not important to us.  When it comes to our past, this is the place where we need to be!  Forgetting our past because it is no longer of any importance!  We are called to forget the former things and not dwell on the past (Is 43:18).

1 John 3:21 (Amp) And, beloved, if our consciences (our hearts) do not accuse us [if they do not make us feel guilty and condemn us], we have confidence (complete assurance and boldness) before God…

Not every spiritual attack is of the devil.  Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy and make a mess of things ourselves.  God does not condemn us so make sure that your own hearts don’t condemn you either.  Make the decision to forgive and forget others and also ourselves and let go of the past!

Before the Apostle Paul knew Christ, he persecuted and killed Christians!  If anyone could feel guilty, I am sure he would but he knew and led by example on how to deal with our past.  He considered everything he did and who he was before Christ as dung….

Phil 3:8-10 (KJV) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection…

Phil 3:13-14 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment