Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Unworthiness is a BIG FAT LIE!

The dictionary definition of unworthy is: not deserving a particular benefit, privilege, or compliment, lacking value or merit.  It leaves us feeling not good or deserving enough to receive.  For this reason, Satan wants us to feel unworthy because he knows it will prevent us from having bold faith and confidence in God and His Word.  If we don’t believe that we are worthy to come before God then this will block us from receiving what He has already provided for us. Unworthiness, when left unchallenged, will leave us feeling shameful or not good enough to receive from God, and this can effect us in every area of our life, limiting God’s power or preventing it from being released to transform our lives.

We need to know the truth that unworthiness is a big fat lie!  God, through the complete and finished work of the Cross, has already made you worthy - forgiven, righteous, approved, loved and accepted!  There is absolutely nothing you could ever do that will make you more or less righteous, loved, approved, or accepted in God’s eyes.

Eph 1:3-8 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.

God’s grace is not dependent on us and on what we do (or what we have done).  The promises of God are a free gift already given to those who by faith have a relationship with Jesus!  This means that if you are in Christ then what Jesus purchased for you on the Cross is already your inheritance!  You received it all upon Salvation!

By grace you have been saved (healed, delivered, made whole), through faith (see Eph 2:8-9).  It is not by faith you receive BUT because you have faith in Jesus you have already received!  This is what grace is about!  We cannot do one thing to earn God’s favour.  We have been freed from sin and all its punishment!  This includes unworthiness and the guilt, shame and condemnation which causes it, because Jesus was punished instead of us, as our substitute.  So our right standing with God and freedom from our past is not dependant on us and on what we can do to make things right but rather is all dependant on Jesus and what He has already done for us!

So annihilate the lies and replace them with the truth of how God sees you!


Copyright 2009 IT IS FINISHED - How to receive your Breakthrough - NOW!  By Nerida Walker.  Due to be released mid 2009.

 

3 comments:

  1. Ned, this is exactly what He is sinking so deep into me through this season. We cannot disappoint Him BECAUSE of His grace. This takes all the striving out of life for me.[and what a relief]. If I think I can please Him a little more as I become more Godly, then I need to try harder, work, do, strive. But if I embrace that I was created to enjoy Him enjoying me enjoying Him [and around the mulburry bush we go], that I am loved because of who HE created me to be, accepted because I am His daughter and amazingly adored because I am made in His image. Ahhhhh freedom right there.

    Do I just sit back now though and soak Him in .... sometimes sure but usually the answer is "heck no"! I now WANT TO as opposed to have to brag on my Papa, I want to tell everyone "I'm with Him" and having no reason now to "get ahead", have a guenuine compassion and am propelled to do something for those who can't find His peace.

    All this from a little tweek in my heart and really, I haven't even started to unpack this truth of His yet.....

    Keep prodin' Ned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nerida, this message comes at a time when I am constantly led to believe I truly do not deserve His grace because no matter how hard I try to be good, I am always falling short of His glory by my disobedience.

    Now I just keep my thoughts on how much God loves me, how He so loves me unconditionally & He will lead me through as long as I focus on Him & not my Self. God has sworn that He will never leave me nor forsake me, no never & not ever!!

    Thanks again Nerida, you're a God-send!

    ReplyDelete