This week I am going to post some scriptures to encourage you to develop an intimacy in your relationship with God. I find that many believers struggle in this area. They see God as the ‘man upstairs’ that they need to appease rather than a loving Heavenly father that they can fellowship with.
My people are being destroyed because they don’t know me.Hos 4:6 (NLT)
The Bible tells us that Israel only knew God’s acts BUT Moses knew His ways. I believe that is time for us as His New Covenant children to get past just hearing about Him and instead start getting to KNOW Him, personally for ourselves. I encourage you to spend time mediating on the Scriptures I post so that your thinking can be renewed and your life transformed as a result!
This first message is a simple one. Let’s look at what the Bible says about God’s nature and character. I have already listed these on the Hannah’s Victory web site under Hannah’s Story but wanted to post them again here. These are powerful truths that need to form the foundation of our belief on God’s unchanging nature.
The Known Character of God
These are just some of the many references throughout the Bible that describe the loving nature and character of God:-
- God is love (1 John 4:8-10,16)
- God does not change (Mal 3:6, James 1:17)
- God does not lie (Num 23:19, Rom 3:4)
- God cannot act contrary to His own character (1 Cor 13 Amp)
- God does not alter His Word or break His Covenant (Ps 89:34)
- His Word is true and stands forever (1 Pet 1:25)
- God does not test or tempt us with evil (James 1:13-17)
- God’s Kingdom does not work against itself! A house divided against itself will fall!
- ONLY good gifts come from God (James 1:17)
- God does not withhold any good thing from those who are righteous (Ps 84:11b)
- He is looking to show Himself strong to you (2 Chr 16:9)
- All God’s callings and gifts are irrevocable (without repentance), which means that God does not change His mind (Rom 11:29 see Amp and MSG versions).
- God does not show partiality or favouritism (Acts 10:34, Rom 2:11), which means that He does not bless one person over another. His gifts and what He has ALREADY provided are freely available to all who believe in Him.
- God is light and in him is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5)
- There is no wickedness in Him (Psalm 92:15)
- God is good; his love endures forever. (Psalm 107:1)
- God is Slow to anger, abounding in love, faithfulness mercy and compassion (Neh 9:17, Ps 86:15, Jonah 4:2)
- The goodness of God leads to repentance (Rom 2:4)
- God’s mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2:13)
This message has also been posted on my Hannah's Victory Blog.